Tuesday, November 22, 2005

I MISS THE OLD DAYS WHEN SHOPS SOLD THINGS...


Just pondering - why is it that you can’t just walk into a shop and buy something anymore? Is it to do with the Chinese trade embargo thingy or is it just that I’m not as quick off the mark as I used to be? I can get my head around having to pre order something from Marni or Balenciaga for example, but in the last 2 weeks I have had Gap grey skinny cords tracked down and fedexed to me from customer services, and failed in my search for the elusive re-issue of Clinique’s Black Honey almost lipstick that I’ve been wearing for years. Every pair of jeans I have liked has only been in stock in either size 0 or size 16. All I want to do is purchase something from a high street emporium and how weird is it to go into Topshop and be told ‘sorry, sold out, they just flew off the shelves’. Aren’t they supposed to have a merchandise distribution type person who checks what’s selling and then a whole load of fresh new ones arrive the next day? I KNOW they have a person whose job it is to check these things.
My head hurts from thinking about clothes too much.

No comments: