Wednesday, November 22, 2006

ARE YOU BEING SERVED?...


Maitre d' at The Wolseley: Good afternoon Madam, how may I help you?

Me: Hello, I'll just sit in the salon there because I'm waiting for a friend.

Him: May I take your name?

Me: Oh, I don't have a reservation, I'm just waiting for a friend.

Him: And what is his or her name?

Me: Oh, he doesn't have a reservation either.

Him: *exasperated* If you give me his name I will be able to direct him to you.

Me: Oh, he's called Benjamin Braddock.

Him: And your name is?

Me: My name is Bonnie Parker.

He shows me to a table. I am still perplexed about the necessity of the name thing. I await *Benjamin...Another customer is shown to the table where the rest of his party are.
Maitre d': *Jubilantly in booming voice* MONSIEUR . HAS . ARRIVED!

1 comment:

la femme said...

I love that you said Bonnie Parker.