Thursday, November 22, 2007

EVERY CLOUD...


I've been looking everywhere for some cute printed fabric to re- line my old "relegated to dog walking even though I don't have a dog" coat. I was thinking Liberty print but they're a bit expensive to use for lining, ditto Marimekko. And all the cool online fabric places are either in the US or Japan. Stumped was I. So what perfect timing that Jenny posted about Volksfaden fabrics. They're 100% cotton and ship from Germany. The prices are very reasonable (to someone used to paying pounds in London. Maybe the prices are just normal.) The Volksfaden website is very groovy and makes me think of all the things I could do with some good patterned fabric. So now I just have to choose one. They have some lovely Japanesey prints and I was thinking of going for something really mismatching and bold but in a (hopefully) good way. Notice I'm not showing you the coat as it is now. This is mostly because if anyone I know sees it they will think I am insane to still be wearing it after all these years. But you'll see, you'll see...

I've narrowed it down to three (the coat is steel grey/blue)




The Morning Glory Slate would "go" the best, but I really like Chestnuts Lichen and Chestnut Branch Eggplant too.

Eenie meenie minie mo...

8 comments:

charlotte said...

hmn, I think options 2 and 3 are my favourites... re 'fika', I'll email you as I'm finally climbing out from under a massive boulder of work and no play. x

Anonymous said...

ooh they are all so great...maybe i am leaning a tad to the last two?? uu but i don't know???
oh an btw....sorry that the holiday of one (our thanksgiving is always around halloween) marks a day of sadness for you. but find some happiness today...
delphine

The Spicers said...

I vote for chestnuts lichen! So pretty, and why match?

la femme said...

Last one.

xx

RD said...

What fabulous lining! My imaginary dog is a dachshund. Fortunately he is not made to parade around in long tube-like outfits or wearing little hats. Cheers, BB

Anonymous said...

I like chestnut branch eggplant verrry much.
xxx
Mia

Claire said...

thanks all for your picks...
lottie: yes
delphine: thank you
eb: nice to see you - I miss you!
bb: my imaginary dog is a jack russell ( don't tell Lola)

Anonymous said...

Oh thank you so much! This is exactly what I'm looking for - have just bought a new sewing machine & have had trouble finding nice fabrics. Though there are some on ebay if you can be done with that! x