Wednesday, February 13, 2008

RELIEVED IS THE WORD...


You might have noticed I haven't done my usual "these are all the things I'm getting from A.P.C. this season" post. Well, I do like to flick through the actual paper catalogue before making up my mind; but this season both the online catalogue and the paper one only made things worse. It made me think things like, "Oh." "Um." "Okay." And, "Will someone please give that girl a sandwich before she passes out."

So I blamed it on the poor emaciated and anaemic looking model. (Sorry model - you're probably just really young and naturally gangly though I saw you in ES magazine last Friday and you looked fine.) Oh for the days of Valentine F-C, Lou Doillon, Frankie Rayder (OK that was way back) - even that grumpy looking one who did summer 2007 - bring back grumpy - she had spark!

The way the catalogue was styled (by Camille BW!) and designed (by M/M!) just didn't really do much for me. Which was kind of odd as I've been buying the majority of my clothes from A.P.C. for the past fifteen years. I was thinking there might be something for me if I waited until Shop and Liberty had enough stock to go and try on there.

So it was with great relief that I stumbled (thanks to Erica) on some scans from the lookbook here. Soooo much better. (Different clothes, different model)





And I'll be requesting a lookbook from now on.

(But ooh, I just noticed the paper catalogue just says printemps (spring) - maybe there'll be another one for summer?)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

blogger-- EATS my comments-- grrrr

had an absolute jolt seeing the second image-- I swear I wore something so similar in junior high although the jeans weren't cuffed and the belt was an ecru stretch knit thing-y but still. A jolt. life is so weird and fashion is weirder--

blogger ate my comment from your skint post which said YOU ARE SO CREATIVE and I am duly impressed--

~bp

Claire said...

blogger is being weird today - and oh things make more sense now. this post took about 20 minutes to save...grrr, gremlins. And thank you ...x

RD said...

So what exactly do the letters APC stand for?

The ever-trust Wikipedia was little help:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/APC

BB

Claire said...

It's (A)telier de (P)roduction (C)reation or something like that - whatever creative is in French. You could update the wiki entry!

Claire said...

er yes, it appears I have a sweatshirt emblazoned with Atelier de Production et de Creation in enormous letters that I forgot about.

Mónica Lice said...

I really enjoy your blog! Great material!

Kisses from Portugal!

Jules said...

Agree completely. And that lookbook is sooo different, so much more dynamic. Now I want...

erica said...

The worst part about the catalogue model is her sickly thin legs. I call them 'Gumby legs' (shudder).

Is it possible to request a lookbook? I wish they would send it to everyone instead of these lackluster catalogues. Sigh.

Curious to see if you buy any A.P.C. this season. I'm crossing my fingers that the summer(?) collection is more interesting.