Saturday, March 15, 2008

1,2,3,4,5...

photo by me

1. I'm having some Paris nostalgia on Flickr. It's a good nostalgia, the kind where you revel in reverie, knowing that you could pop over there if you really wanted to. Did you know Paris is only 200 odd miles away from London?

2. They say writing well is the best revenge.

3. I have achieved closure on the plaid top issue (see below). Thank you Paul & Joe sample sale - 30 quid! I'll post a picture soon.

4. Gridskippage:
Cute Fluffy Animals Want You to Visit Them

My previous piece on Independent Boutique Cinemas in London got lost in the ether for a week; then it was published without the date being updated, not on the front page but buried under 20 pages of content. So feel free to click on it a few hundred times. (Julia I think you'll like #2)

5. The celebrations to mark the week of my birth (yes, week, why what's unusual about that?) have begun...drinks at Tate Modern members bar and a tipsy reel around the Man Ray/Picabia/Duchamp exhibit last night...

10 comments:

la femme said...

beautiful photo- and happy birthday!

miss milki said...

Happy birthweek!

RD said...

> Did you know Paris is only 200 odd miles away from London?

If only Napoleon had grasped the full implications of this...

> drinks at Tate Modern members bar and a tipsy reel around the Man Ray/Picabia/Duchamp exhibit last night...

I firmly believe alcohol is always better when accompanied by art... or is the reverse?

BB

Bexy said...

happy birthday - fabulous article, heartbreaking to read. i feel angry at my fella for being male right now. (poor sod is very confused at the sudden switch in my mood!)
revenge is an article best served icy icy cold.

la casita de wendy said...

beautiful picture! i just found your blog! i love it:)

loveology said...

You got such a nice, inspiring and beautiful blog! I will add it to my list of blogs i love on my own blog immediately! Maybe you can take a look at my blog and if you like it, put mine at your list of links? I would really appreciate that! Thanks and have a very nice week! :)

S. said...

I just wanted to say that I love your blog, it is always so inspiring and calming.

<3

travel notes said...

Love the gridskipper articles - lambs rock, and those cinemas sound fab!

I adore your photograph. I can almost hear the sound of horns and that annoying wailing of police cars... ahh Paris. Is it on the horizon?

Et finalement, as-tu un tres bon anniversaire.

Cath x

Jules said...

Your Gridskipper articles are just what I need right now - stuck in bureaucratic hell just trying to cross the ditch. Cine Lumiere? You know I'll be there all the time.

As BB says, art + wine is a winning combination.

Diane Dehler said...

Hi, I wandered into your space and love this view. What a perfect place to have jasmine tea and read the tea leafs.