Friday, May 07, 2010

I'M BIG IN JAPAN...

The best thing about my flat being in the new book from Japanese publishers Editions de Paris: A Girly Interior in London, was that I got to meet the lovely Emma Cassi and her husband Bertrand, who worked on the book together. And I didn't even have to leave home! I've been a fan of Emma's work for ages so I was more than happy for them to come round one dark winter's day and take pictures. The book features 12 girly homes and there are a few other likely blogging suspects you'll recognise in there.

Below are a couple of the pages on my flat. You may notice the absence of any felines. Lola spent the entire time hiding under chairs glaring and skulking around the backs of sofas. Only when everything was packed away did she decide to sit on the table, giving her best Lara Stone pose. Timing is everything Lola.

{Apologies, my scanner is useless. Kind of it to have Lomo-fied my scans of the book though...}

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I received my copy yesterday and realised you were in it too so I spent 10 min looking for Lola. I was so sad not to see her. I suppose she has some dignity, not like Brak who appears to be a camera whore (see photos of my flat in there). x

bluepoppy said...

coolest of COOLIO!!! I am so proud of you and your lovely home and wishing I knew japanese . .

e

Claire said...

Laetitia - I see him - twice, no less... I also have those pillowcases from Lush...

BP - Thank you and...so do I!

Unknown said...

oh i am so happy!!!!! i immediately made you a post!!!

http://nearnessofdistance.blogspot.com/2010/05/big-in-japan-et-gros-monreal.html

props!!

RD said...

hey that's great - soon you'll have a japanese fan club! bb

Rose said...

how exciting- the book looks lovely- as does your flat

ieva jansone said...

oh wow - congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

oh wow! congratulations dear!
I have always thought highly of Japanese aesthetics, so being published in Japan is really something fantastic.
xxx
Mia