Friday, August 13, 2010

SNUG...



This is the cover of the first issue of Italian Vogue I ever bought: August 1993. Which was 17 years ago. What!

I'd been wondering why I was so obsessed with finding the perfect oatmeal coloured Shetland pullover and a pair of sturdy dealer boots and then I remembered this cover. (Featuring Kristen Mcmenamy pre grey hair.) Isn't it weird that almost two decades later that image is still lodged in my mind, ready to be pulled out on a dark, freezing and pouring with rain mid August day. I was obviously quite taken with the accompanying editorial inside, since most of it is missing, ripped out haphazardly. I made a Polyvore set with these exact same boots (RM Williams) and pullover (Toast) almost exactly a year ago, on probably much the same sort of day, and I didn't end up buying either of them. This winter I intend to be snug.




{my scan}

5 comments:

luciana said...

wow such an old cover, I love it!

Claire said...

Luci Ana - that magazine is probably older than you!

I feel oooollllldddd

Unknown said...

mmm...love that you have the 90's safely tucked away in a drawer and every once and a while you bring it out...;))

Claire said...

Don't worry, I do have the entire '90s tucked away safely...

Alexandra said...

This is why a love winter clothing! Nothing better than a pair of ankle boots and a jumper!

herribbonsandherbows.blogspot.com/