Thursday, October 28, 2010

ANNA...

I'm very excited to show you this new...let's just say new post because we all know what happens when I call something a new regular feature or series. I forget how many I've grandly announced and then left lying around. But I thought this one up for very selfish reasons, though I hope you'll enjoy the results.

Many, actually most of my close friends are not here in London where I am, but scattered across the world. And although we're in touch, go on trips together and visit each other, there are times when I wish I had all my people around every day. So I thought of a way that I could have them around, kind of.

There are certain things that always remind me of Anna: Heliotrope, pearls and marcasite, burgundy satin pyjamas, gelato, post punk, hydrangeas and roses, Repetto shoes, every time I make a risotto (vialone nano), speed walking through a labyrinth (Venice), the sound of a camera shutter, early Indian mornings.

I asked Anna if she would send me some photos of her world. See, not only a selfish idea but also a lazy one, since I didn't have to do a thing. Clever eh? Oh, did I mention she's a really good photographer? And it turns out that so is our mutual friend Alireza, who took some of these photos.






{1,2, photos by Alireza - all clothes Maxmara, Carven scarf. 3, photo by Anna - Rajasthani slippers. 4, photo by Alireza - Sportmax shoes. 5, photo by Anna - hydrangea, spirea, oleander, roses. 6, photo by Anna - Jaeger Le Coultre Reverso watch, pearl necklaces, chunky silver and marcasite bracelet from Ganesha, Venice, silver bangles from Udaipur, jade bangle from Callegari in Padova, watercolour in the backgound from Deogarh, India. 7, photo by Alireza - dress from Maxmara. 8, photo by Anna - back row: Ambre Extreme by L'Artisan Parfumeur, Farnesiana by Caron and Un Bois Vanille by Serge Lutens, Hermes Eau d'Orange Vert. 9, photo by Alireza, who jokingly named this photo "The Perfect Woman"! Coat, shoes and bag Maxmara/Sportmax.}

10 comments:

Unknown said...

great idea!!!
and her photographs are really fantastic!
;))

Anonymous said...

What gorgeous photos! I'm particularly envious of her perfume collection. :)

Suzanne

TIG said...

absolutely adore this feature {post? :)} -- the photos are so wonderfully atmospheric

Bombay Beauty said...

fantastic pictures! and great to get anna's photographic bio of the moment! and of course, there is no other way to make risotto! xo bb

Claire said...

If Jane - I know, they are.

Anon - yes, really it is quite something.

tig - thank you! Well I can't take credit for the photos...

BB - buckle up, you're next!

Anonymous said...

am very much looking forward to seeing BB's contribution to the project!
xox
Mia
PS does it make sense that I still use this nickname?

Claire said...

Yes, of course - there has to be a Mia or people {me} will get confused...xx

Rose said...

beautiful- and she has amazing taste in scent

Traci Giles said...

These are beautiful pictures. You have many special friends, and can feel blessed that they are "scattered" so that your time together is that much more enriching! I love the list of things that remind you of Anna, so loving and insightful. :)

la femme said...

Amazing photos...

Hope you are able to meet up with your friends somewhere beautiful soon :)