Tuesday, June 26, 2012

WEATHER REPORT...


I thought my subconscious was up to something. Despite the cold, wind and rain, I'd been amassing quite a little trove of clothes in light cotton prints more suited for exotic climates. I even bought a white and leopard print APC canvas bag to carry my camera in, like a summer bag! (Online it's full price, but it's on sale in stores.) There's usually no point in buying summer stuff here, since summer only lasts three days - far more sensible to get a discounted full length Barbour with a hood; but at a sample sale I was drawn to some Isabel Marant printed muslin pyjama trousers, a little APC Liberty print skirt of the lightest cotton lawn, which I've seen tons of times before and never bought, even though it's almost identical to one my grandmother made me and I wore incessantly when I was about five years old. (To be fair, granny's one was better quality.) A little Isabel Marant top - perfect for sizzling hot days... I could only assume my subconscious was plotting an escape to Belize or Sicily. But now, the weather report says that temperatures will stutter into the low 20s this week in London! It will only rain once or twice a day! The sky is blue right now!

I don't quite believe that I'll be able to not wear socks today yet. I might put some in my bag just in case.

1 comment:

charlotte said...

Emergency bag socks! Now there's a British business idea...