Tuesday, November 27, 2012

SERVICES...





It's true, there is inspiration everywhere! This is the view from my favourite brutalist motorway service station 'somewhere in England.' While others dunk biscuits in their tea, text and read the paper at this nowhere land, I gaze out of the window and imagine various scenes of imaginary films being shot here.  It reminds me simultaneously of Twin Peaks and Let The Right One In (original Swedish version obviously) and I could imagine it standing in for some bleak Danish murder scene in The Killing. (Tangent: what do you think about Sarah Lund's new jumper in Series 3? I'm not sure about it.)

It has such a sinister romantic beauty to it, especially in the rain.

I always Instagram the view when I'm there and recently a friend found herself there by chance, sitting in exactly the same seat I'd been sitting in with the same view and recognised it from my photo. Strange things happen there...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this post! Gorgeous photos, great visuals.

la femme said...

Love!

We stopped at a service station on the way from London to Devon, and I couldn't get over how nice it is. Even up here in rural Canada, we have nothing like that. Intriguing landscaping, decent food, a quiet moment... miss that. Thanks for this post.

Bardotty said...

~While others dunk biscuits in their tea, text and read the paper at this nowhere land, I gaze out of the window and imagine various scenes of imaginary films being shot here.~

Another example of why we love you/your writing.

Ps. Not keen on the jumper either.