Friday, July 07, 2006

I FINALLY UNDERSTAND THE ALLURE OF LA PERLE...


Researching an article I'm writing about Paris (more of which later - very exciting) I was trying to find the full address of the inexplicably hip Cafe La Perle, which I've mentioned (ranted about) before. I had decided that the only reason everyone goes there is simply, because everyone goes there. So you might as well go there once because that's where everyone is. And by everyone, I of course mean fashionista hipster types, not ordinary civilian types.
Then I stumbled accross this article on Men.Style.com. Apparently John Galliano is of the same opinion as me that La Perle is all hype and no substance.
And the reason it's so popular? The rumour is they put a shot of absinthe in the beer. Now it all makes sense. See you there.

5 comments:

negrito said...

Well, if by everybody you mean Romain Duris and all the girls he has been dating in Paris (Ie 95% of the french actresses between 18 and 25) then yes, everybody goes there...

Unknown said...

I love the you must go since everyone goes mentality. Ha. Still, hipster watching can be fun. It's just sometimes difficult to dress the part and blend.

Claire said...

Ha ha I've only ever seen a lot of guys who look like Romain Duris there - never the man himself!

Anonymous said...

the full adress is
La perle
78 rue vieille du temple
paris 3ème!!

Stephanie said...

lol - I lived in paris for a year and noticed that it was the hot spot of the marais. i always wondered why until finally, on my last day in paris, i saw Duris sitting at the sidewalk terrace surrounded first by close guy friends and then by a layer of the stereotypical, tall, slender, chic parisiennes! I snapped a picture - thought it too rude to get more.