Wednesday, August 01, 2007

TWO YEARS, AND STILL NOT ONE CUP OF TEA...


Hello. Today is the second anniversary of Lola Is Beauty. I've never even had a job that lasted two years so this, I think, is a milestone worth mentioning.

It's funny, because for one, the title Lola Is Beauty makes no sense to anyone but Lola and I, is grammatically incorrect and really, anyone looking here would think this is a blog about my cat, Lola, or that I was called Lola and was interested in beauty products or something.

Well, Lola is beauty is just one of those phrases that came into usage around here due to the fact that Lola is not just A beauty, she is not just beautiful: She IS beauty. So there. And of course in the official language of Cat this statement makes perfect sense. I used to say it to her all the time, though now the phrase has entirely different connotations and I type it about twenty times a day. I now say different things to her in cat language and there is absolutely no way I am going to relay those phrases to you here.

And then there's the tagline. It should probably read, "This is not really a cat blog" or, "I like clothes and Paris". It's true though, she has not even mastered the simple act of paw to kettle switch, paw to kettle switch. I tell her and she just looks up at me and goes "Mi". And then I feed her. Today she has special anniversary Sheba which, in her excitement at not having to munch her usual diet food she has just gobbled down in one go and will possibly now be sick. I heard a burp.

Anyway most blogs have funny names and you've still managed to find it haven't you? Oh, I wasn't going to make it that easy by calling it something obviously to do with style or fashion or anything (hehe good one, if I can only make it sound like I did this on purpose instead of just randomly naming it when I first started and didn't have any idea that people might ever read it.)

The one thing that's changed in the last two years is Mademoiselle Lola herself. I don't think I've mentioned the whole rescue home trauma, get the violins out sob story of how I came to have her, but when I started this blog she was a borderline psychotic, completely neurotic cantankerous tyrant who could turn from cute to murderous in about quarter of a second. Now she has mellowed, she's just my little furry companion, following me round everywhere purring. No one believes me, her reputation precedes her but she hasn't scratched or bitten anyone for about a year.

So there, I wrote a cat post. Phew, breathe, don't be embarrassed. Hey - I'm allowed to, it's our birthday. (Disclaimer: our house does not smell of cat pee and I do speak to other people besides my cat.)

We are very happy to still be here in our little corner of blogland and hope you'll continue to enjoy reading - for as long as Lola can be bothered to dictate the posts.

If you'll excuse us now we have some butterflies to chase and some sunny patches in the grass to stretch out in.

7 comments:

RD said...

Happy 2nd anniversary to you both! LIB always make me think of liebe , perhaps this is just how my mind is wired.

I would suggest starting her on more rudimentary tasks than tea making, which is rather complicated. Fetching is too canine an activity. Perhaps sitting around and purring contentedly? Yes, that's it.

Cheers,

BB

Mrs Fashion said...

Happy birthday!

x

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Your blog is always fun and interesting to read. And you have wonderful taste.
delphine

Claire said...

thank you from us both x x

Anonymous said...

... er, sort of missed your LIB birthday... SORRY!!!!
Talking of Lola, I did meet her when she was "bad", and never managed to see her magically transformed into a proper nice, cute, purring cat.
This means I have to see you (both) soon!
xxx
Mia

la femme said...

Happy Anniversary. Here's to many more xx

The Spicers said...

Congrats on 2 years! Love the blog.