Sunday, December 02, 2012

NOVEMBER EATING AND DRINKING...








This is but a tenth of what I ate in November, as believe it or not, I don't Instaz every single thing I eat. Compared to what really went down, it looks positively virtuous. I have no pictures of the oysters, lobster and enormous ribeye steak smothered in bĂ©arnaise at Hawksmoor - in between the Connaught cocktails and Ruinart (now known simply as Ruin) champagne - and whatever it was I drank at the Dover Street Arts Club later that night - this is usually an indicator that I've had way too much to drink. If you see photos you know I'm fairly sober. Fairly.

So in no particular order: Cocktails at Hawksmoor Air Street, lemon chiffon cake from Handmade Food and magazines,  M. Jamon's Une Tranche and lentils with ham hock? Bacon chop? at 40 Maltby Street, autumn vegetables and goat's curd at Terroirs, lovely spread at London Particular, Handmade Food sausage roll and lentils, Nordic Platter at The Gantry, Connaught drinks, yummy, amazing food at Coya - bad photos, but trust me really amazing food, josper cooked chicken also at Coya, toast and jam at the Little Bread Pedlar, can't remember which soup at Handmade Food, much needed chicken pot detox at Rose Bakery/Dover Street Market where I then had an awkward queuing for the loo situation with Alexa Chung. Bad veggie sandwich (it's got bacon in it) at London Particular. Also not pictured: 3? 4? dinner parties (there's a strictly enforced rule that Claire is not allowed her phone at the table) and oh god, so much more.

And this is the reason I have gained 10lbs in one month. TEN POUNDS.

5 comments:

charlotte said...

The Handmade Food cakes were the BOMB. Also with the gaining pounds, it will be detox from hereon in...

Wendy said...

I love the London Particular. Not only is the food great but the staff too. I was at the Rose Bakery last Saturday and Victoria Beckham walked in. Not to eat though just to pick up some clothes. I was eating the carrot cake and I could see the envy in her eyes!

RD said...

hey did you skip the wine in your frame by frame recap? xx

Claire said...

Charlotte - only gruel from now on.

Wendy - How cruel of them to put carrot cake on the same floor as clothes - VB must usually avoid places with food!

RD - yes. xx

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Every forkful was worth ten lbs. on its own , if the photos are anything to go by .
Anyway lentils are good for you !