Monday, January 28, 2013

BREAKFAST AT...






If Claridge's is my Tiffany's then it makes sense that breakfast at Claridge's is something I'd like to become a weekly ritual. Both bars closed and quiet - very unnerving - roaring fires in the lobby and dining room giving everything a glow; a huge insulated coffee pot placed on our table, grapefruit ricotta pancakes ordered and then a lot of gossip and guffawing, plus unashamed constant Instagramming of the table by both parties. And I don't think they minded a bit.

4 comments:

Bardotty said...

Love the shot/angle of the chair fabric. And it was a lovely day at Claridges indeed. x

Camille said...

Grapefruit-ricotta pancakes sound like a dream--I thought the grapefruit was covered in custard in the first picture, which does sound equally as delicious.

Alexandra said...

My favourite! Did you watch the BBC documentary?

http://herribbonsandherbows.blogspot.co.uk/

Claire said...

BD - nice that you left a comment! xx

Camille - now that I think of it, it really tasted like cream, not ricotta but I swear that's what it's called.

Alexandra - yes, obsessed with the documentary, leading to trying to stalk Thomas the manager, who seems to be hiding now! xx