Saturday, September 25, 2010

SCRAPS...

*I've got a couple of new posts up on ONLY.com: one about lovely Ingrid Holm of The Showmanship and her insanely poetic skills, and one about Elisa Sednaoui and Delfina Delettrez wearing swishy Louis Vuitton AW10 on Somewhere's red carpet. {You might want to turn your speakers down before clicking on the Only site.}

*Justine Picardie has a piece here that tells a little of her journey with Coco Chanel during the research stage of her book. I'm right in the middle of reading it and it's brilliant. Every page brings new details and insight into Chanel as a person. (And I'm not just saying that because Justine gave me tea and macarons.)

*Last weekend was Open House day in London and I finally got to see the Master Shipwright's House in Deptford. It's a private house but is often used as a location. Despite getting to work in some amazing locations when I was a stylist, this wasn't one of them and I was always intrigued. The house is surrounded by a very high wall and is only visible from the river, so I only knew what I'd heard about it. As the house is now up for sale (for 5 million quid) the owners opened it to the public and we had a good old nose round and ended up sunning ourselves in the garden surrounded by apple and pear trees, sunflowers, tomato plants and chickens. Everyone I know who went there couldn't stop thinking about it for days. There are loads of pictures of it on my flickr, though we weren't allowed to take pictures inside.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

yes...sometimes i do like to read in silence...;))

ok...d.y.i.n.g to read the book even if i was not fed tea and macarons.

and if i had the extra 5 million quid...hehehe.

RD said...

london does have some intriguing private houses and compounds... fun to see inside one of them... xo bb

Wendy said...

I went on the Sunday after reading your Tweet so many thanks for that. I took many pictures inside though Ooops!

Claire said...

Wendy - reporting you to the authorities immediately. Show me! Glad you made it in time..