Monday, March 26, 2012

HICCUP...

An entire roll of Portra 160 I took in Venice and Trieste has a thin red line through every picture - oh well! (Top tip: Portra 160 + Venice = perfect.) I'm going to take it back to the lab since I don't see the line on the negatives and it's not a light leak - hopefully it's something that happened during processing and can be re-done. So annoying because I really want to show you those photos...

The upside is that I realised none of the photos worked if I cropped them and cropped the line out - so my composition skills must not be too bad!

{Hydrangeas in Trieste after a Monday rain shower. (I retouched out the line on this one, but life is too short to do that 36 times.}

6 comments:

charlotte said...

noooo! that's extremely annoying.
sounds like it is the lab - more red drinks whilst you wait?

vic said...

The same thing happened with a roll of mine from Paris and a thin blue line. They re-scanned, all fine. Can't wait to see these photos!

If Jane said...

can't wait to see them!

anabela / fieldguided said...

Funny, I always get a blue line. I think it's because labs hardly ever process film anymore so they don't clean their machines very often. It's probably not on the negatives!

lola is beauty said...

Yup, it was their scanner - bit of dirt on it or something, except I got a red line, not blue. Most inconvenient but all will be well.

BB said...

lovely image... i await more with eagerness! xo bb