Friday, September 21, 2007

TODAY'S QUESTION:


Do Kirsten Dunst and I share the same brain? (As well as a noted upon similarity in dental structure.)

Let's look at the evidence, using the new issue of Lula magazine, guest edited by Kirsten.

Oh look, a big juicy interview with Au Revoir Simone (Kirsten apparently chose them to be featured but it was only a matter of time - for they and Lula are made for each other).

Kirsten scrawls comments on the pages using exactly the same bright pink pen I use. OK maybe she didn't really, they may have faked her handwriting and decided to make it bright pink but...

The photography of Rinko Kawauchi (printed as Kaurauchi in the magazine - owchy. Who was it that commented last time I mentioned Lula about all the errors? Yes I notice them ALL now. I still love it though. I forgive them.)

In answer to the question: What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? Kirsten answers, "My laziness to learn French."

Kirsten's favourite book is The Little Prince.

Don't know if this had anything to do with Kirsten, but one of my favourite *soon to be featured here* stylists Elisa Nalin styled two of the fashion stories.

There is an accessories story using CATS, big, fluffy CATS as models.


...p.s. let's just pretend we didn't see that Knightley girl taking up way too many pages shall we? Just flick past that part.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! I knew it!
Ok, except for the Knightley bit...
:)
XOX
Mia

Life with Sofia, Gus and Jim said...

I love all things Kirsten...must buy must buy!! But where can I do this in Edinburgh? Probably nowhere!

The Spicers said...

Oooh, I've blogged about Lula too. I must get this issue!

La chipie said...

All love,love,love.
I must have it!

Lilac Stripe said...

Gah that Knightley girl....

travel notes said...

Ooh la la je suis a Paris! and on a French keyboard grrr

Merci for the links to wifi info, havent quite managed to fathom the wireless system on my laptop.

Ooh Kirsten looks beautiful in that pic, as does the kitty. Do you think somewhere like fnac would sell it here in Paris? xx

Claire said...

ooh cath I am so excited for you - eat lots of croissants for me ok? You can get Lula at Alphabet (really good mag shop) in rue des Archives (think that's what it's called. It has a big "A" sign anyway and it's not a gay bar - you can't miss it!)

cm said...

soulmates i may say
my brain is somewhere near...
luv ur blog sweetchums
lovely love from mexico city
mercedes

Anonymous said...

It says inside that Kirsten is the guest editor! So it is her handwriting and her choices of the things that are inside! I don't think you can "fake" that. It would be really bad!! So it also means she chose Miss Knightley!

Claire said...

well susie I just really meant that maybe they thought it was cute to print the writing in pink but she originally did it in blue biro or whatever - not that they weren't actually her real notes! Sorry I should be more clear! And yes, disturbing about Keira, but i have a hunch (or choose to believe) that her inclusion had something to do with pleasing the advertisers (pleasing Chanel?) or was already on the cards when Kirsten came on board...

RD said...

I've meaning to ask - why is Keira the embodiment of evil? Other than being impossibly thin and charming has she shown any signs of incipient celebrity ego issues? Cheers, BB

Claire said...

She's annoying, disingenuous, gushing, luvvie and pretentious. I'd actually quite like to see Atonement for the costumes but can't because Keira is unfortunately in them...you find her charming BB? We shall have to agree to disagree on this one!

Claire said...

oh, and she hasn't an ounce of style - even styled by Leith Clark in Lula (who rocks) she looks bland and unconvincing...I could go on...!!

charlotte said...

Also on the K subject, I don't understand the pout - why?!

Heather Moore said...

Hello
I'm here after your comment about the spoons phenomenon. I've been hunting about for your pics of spoons, and although I've had no luck on that count, I've had a great time reading your marvellous musings. I'll definitely be back soon (and do let me know where your spoon pics are pls!)
Cheers,
Heather (from Skinny laMinx)